Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ivy Bus Stop






Here are the pictures from my final project. I planted ivy plants in mason jars and zip-tied them to the bus stop at Coal and Girard. I chose this location because this particular bus stop is not being used at this time because of some construction on Coal. With few people using this bus stop, I hope that the ivy plants will have time to grow without being bothered or noticed and removed. I chose to plant ivy because they can grow and flourish in New Mexico's hot, dry climate. They need minimal watering and can tolerate a lot of sunlight. I put rocks at the bottom of the jars so that the water would be able to drain. My hope is that these little ivy plants will attach themselves to the bus stop and cover the gate. This is a continuation of my previous projects with the jars and the flowers, but this project has potential to grow roots and thrive for longer than only a period of a few days. I hope people see the ivy plants and appreciate the little beautiful things that happen on a daily basis that we tend to take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment