Tuesday, April 10, 2012

final project objectives


In terms of goals, I really want our final project to raise awareness. Personally, I'd like to raise awareness about the environment, but I'm hoping we can think of an issue that is more class-inclusive to what we've done all semester long. I also want to make people think about how their choices affect those around them, in terms of wildlife, the environment and other people. We've all done projects that bring attention to pressing issues in our community. Dorm problems at UNM, sketchy looking bus stops in Albuquerque, the declining bird population in New Mexico and the lack of respect/appreciation for UNM LaPo servers, just to name a few. I think these projects have successfully conveyed their intended messages because of how bold they were, which is why I think we should use moss graffiti in our final project. We'd be able to write messages and make illustrations, and I think that will create more of a statement.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you have a specific process in mind, and we could maybe do a moss graffiti workshop in class. What kind of message do you want to express? Moss graffiti might be appropriate for some ideas, but maybe not all. There should be a good reason for growing moss other than as a striking visual symbol. It seems like you might have a solution before you have decided what the problem is.

    ReplyDelete