Tuesday, March 20, 2012

#dormproblems

For my interview, I went around my dorm and talked to 5 residents about their experiences living in the dorm so far. I don't want to go into detail about specific questions and answers because I asked the same questions to multiple people. I asked them questions about how they liked their room, roommate, kitchen, study room, and the bathroom. I mostly just let them talk (rant) about their stories and provide a listening ear. I figured that if an issue was important to someone, they would bring it up themselves, and for the most part, that was true.

Most of the people I interviewed said they liked it all pretty well and were overall satisfied with their situation. However, there were some small problems they had with the dorm. Missing couch cushions, girls going in the Men's Restroom, not being able to hang out in the study room, and loud neighbors were some of the subjects they brought up. One person talked about how their roommate was always up late with the light on. Another had a problem with the inconvenient timing of the cleaning staff. I probably won't be able to use all of these comments, but I got a wide variety of responses, so I have a lot to work with. Hopefully, I can use this information to make public art that combines the public opinions of my neighbors and my vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment