Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Enough with the signs already..






For this project, I wanted to incorporate specific dorm related issues into  my silly bulletins. In my interviews, people brought up a few problems they had with their living experiences in the dorm. I decided to bring light to a few of these issues in my signs that I put up. Unfortunately, many of the problems they had were aimed at a specific person or group of people and I didn't want to mess with the community as a whole by dividing it. One person I interviewed specifically brought up the hairy situation in the bathrooms and study rooms so I made a sign that reflected that. Similarly, I made a sign that referenced the stolen couch cushion that has been missing since the first week of school. I wanted to tackle more issues, but there weren't enough problems that I could do without totally offending both the residents and staff alike.  The purpose of my project remained the same. I want to bring up possible issues while putting a funny twist to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment