Monday, February 6, 2012

Chalkboarding




I had some real trouble coming up with an idea for my project, so I went back to what I love to do: longboard, and use chalk. So, I devised a way to attach four pieces of chalk to one end of my longboard. I then went out in front of the SUB and well, began to longboard. I wanted a Jackson Pollock-type piece where the marks the chalk left became the art of my movements. I wanted to capture the smooth, fluid movements involved in longboarding. The pressure of the turns painted multicolored patterns and also caught the attention of people passing by. Luckily, most seemed intrigued and stood around watching me "paint" the sidewalk. Perhaps I'll try it again sometime.

1 comment:

  1. Your inventive device recorded movement as form and color. But what do those marks communicate after the performance is over?

    Look up Akay’s Robo-Rainbow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t0a9ASvXcc

    ReplyDelete