Monday, February 6, 2012

Creative Action Project 1







I had seen something that was somewhat similar to this while I was in DC over the summer so this idea sort of stemmed off of that but instead of covering a city, I decided to do this where I live at Lobo Village. I knew that it had to be bright and eye catching, hence the neon yellow paper, but beyond that I wanted to make sure that the places I chose were random, but where people would still see them. I put them up and took pictures of them as I went and then checked back a day or so later. Some of them to my surprise were still hanging on, others like the one on the parking sign was gone. The quotes I chose came from my friends, family and just some quotes I've always liked. I wanted the quotes to make the people that saw them think, whether it was about the quote or why there was a random sign hanging on the bike rack. I think it would be interesting to do it in other places that people might not expect as well, either on campus, leaving notes on cars etc. This idea is so simple but it has the ability to make people think.

1 comment:

  1. Your project offers wise words that are poetic and ambiguous. But can their discovery be just as compelling as the words themselves?

    Look up Kortunefookie
    http://www.kortunefookie.com/

    ReplyDelete