Monday, February 27, 2012

Pretty Paper!






I changed how I made the letters for the 'Live, Laugh, Love' from humans to pretty paper.  Although this public art was temporary as well, I knew more of the public saw it than with humans spelling out the letters.  I kept the location at UNM, but I changed what part of UNM it was located on.  I put it on the side of the Engineering and Science Computer Pod.  I put it there because this pass-way gets a lot of traffic and there is nothing cool or colorful on that side of campus.  I thought the lively colors and lighthearted saying could brighten up some people's days.

1 comment:

  1. This is a better example of public art than the original version. By using different kinds of paper and font styles it still has the feeling of the human letters, but this could be seen by passersby. It makes me think of those magnetic letters that you can change to spell different words. I wonder if these could be more interactive? Other How important is the location? Other than that its a drab part of campus, I think the site-specificity could be developed more.

    ReplyDelete