Monday, February 27, 2012

Mystery Fountain



For this project, I shifted my focus of "bulletin art" to a specific location on campus. When we did our mapping activity in class, it brought my attention to this fountain (which is near the SUB). It has always bothered me that there is no water in this fountain during the winter months. To me, the lack of water makes it an eyesore. I decided to bring humorous attention to the fountain. I think it is overlooked, and if more people paid attention to it, it could possibly get fixed up to run year round. Unfortunately, as I stood and watched, nearly everyone passed by the flyers without taking a look...

1 comment:

  1. The bulletin was a great site-specific response to this fountain. Unfortunately, it sounds like there might be logical answers to your questions. This could be developed in a few interesting ways, however. You could continue to focus on the fountain, do some research, and figure out ways to make it less of an eyesore during winter months. Another option would be to develop the "Get It Together UNM" idea, possibly as a fake student organization.

    ReplyDelete