Monday, February 6, 2012

Project One: Photo Captioning

I really wanted to do something that the public could reply to and interact with. I love the idea of a common canvas of sorts, where anyone and everyone can contribute.


For this I took a dozen of my own photos, mainly more simplistic ones, ones that had a definite yet ambiguous subject that could easily be interpreted in more than one way. I posted these on one side of the bulletin board stand near the SUB on top of blank white paper and left a box of crayons attached. I was really surprised to see so many replies in just under two hours, I can't wait to see what it'll look like tomorrow. If I were to do this again I'd leave more blank space around each picture, and maybe ask someone taller to help me put it up. The two kind of go hand in hand.

1 comment:

  1. Your photo installation gave the audience a voice in the creative process. Think about which images encouraged more interesting voices, and which ones did not.

    Look up Candy Chang “Before I Die” (& other projects)
    http://candychang.com/before-i-die-in-nola/

    ReplyDelete