Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tea Time


For this project I knew I wanted to observers to be able to interact with whatever I made. So I started by making things to place on the various tables around campus.

On the first table I placed a teapot and a set of teacups. They are very bright and stand out to those who are passing by. I was surprised that people were very interested in what I had placed on the table and I was able to take a photo of an observer as I left.




On the second table I placed dice in the hopes people would use them. However, I noticed that these don't stand out as much because of their colors.



1 comment:

  1. Your sculptures are eye-catching, and people want to take them home. How can you change the objects, or their placement, to encourage this?

    Look up Felix Gonzalez-Torres (his “take-away” work)
    http://www.poortastemag.com/candy-says-death-and-life-in-felix-gonzalez-torres/

    ReplyDelete